(Photos: Matt & Kim, War Beast, Kylesa, Big Freedia, The Death Set, No Age, Das Racist, Dev)
- Best free stuff: Earplugs, condoms, breath mints, an ipod case if you don't have an ipod? You tell me...
- My favorite part: Being the official MWTX photographer.
- Worst thing
- Biggest faux paux: The Cataracts (yeah never heard of them either, they wrote/produced that popular "G6" song about a pontiac sedan) were not getting the response they wanted from the crowd, so they lashed out at an official SXSW photographer standing next to the stage, claiming to not be able to tell if it was a man or woman. Just because the crowd isn't in to your boring-ass pre-recorded canned shit doesn't mean you can take it out on a random bystander. It's too bad an ignorant rich kid from Berkley can't afford some manners.
- Worst performances: See above.
- Best performances: Trash Talk, Matt & Kim, Big Freedia, Screaming Females.
- New favorite band: The Back Pockets.
- Shows I wish I'd seen: Thrasher showcase, Gay By Gay Gay.
- Shows I'm glad I missed: The Death From Above 1979 reunion show riot.
- Best way to start SXSW: Riding tall bikes with Black Label Bicycle Club (Austin) at Deth By Bike.
- Best way to end SXSW: Swimming at Barton Springs.
- Thing missing the most from SXSW: Todd P.
- Overall characteristic of SXSW this year: Overly aggro.
- Weirdest party venue: A closed shopping mall.
- Injuries: Head/face/neck cut in four places, broken camera lens, scratched up neck and back, ringing ears (close-range gun shot), got peed on, had female-ejaculate poured on my head, banged-up shins, torn jeans, holes worn in shoes.
- Thanks to: Angel & Colin, Sean & Phil @ FYF, Nikki @ Vans, Michelle @ Spin, Franki @ iheartcomix, Rusty Lazer.
• KiD CuDi - Erase Me (feat. Kanye West)
A band's place at last.