STILL US AGAINST THEM
It took a while, but I have a working computer again. Looking forward to playing catch up on Haiti, Burning Man and Chernobyl (to name a few).
More from Haiti:
- While we are working on the dome, one of the builders is injured when a giant tree branch suddenly breaks off and falls on him (it appeared to have been eaten/rotted through). His arm is dislocated and a small girl is almost crushed.
- We visit Doctors Without Borders to try and get treatment for Raoul's arm injury. Even late on a Saturday night they are very happy to help.
- On the way home from work one day, we buy beer and machetes.
- There's a tree on the way to the build site that always has the same giant snake sunning itself.
- Mosquito nets are annoying to sleep under (wake up tangled in).
Learn some Creole (all spellings are phonetic):
- "Au bin" = Is it good?/It's good.
- "Bagas" = leftovers from sugarcane after processing it.
- "Bowet" = Wheelbarrow.
- "Clou" = Nail.
- "Ceman" = Cement.
- "Pima" = Spicy.
• Titus Andronicus - Four Score And Seven (Part One)
A band's place at last.