I go back to move my mom from Ohio to Florida, and then return to NYC:
- Going to the MTVU music awards with friends from Cerebral Ballzy and Ninjasonik to support Matt & Kim (literally, when they were crowd surfing). We eventually work our way in to the VIP area, start doing keg stands, and Tellie interrupts an on-air interview with Matt Pinfield to espouse the greatness of Ninjasonik.
- The opening reception for Punkabbestia hosted by Anonymous Gallery at Collective Hardware. I am showing my series of portraits of the crew of the Swimming Cities of Serenissima. The show is up till January 1st.
- The Gotham Girls Rollerderby finals.
- Punk show featuring Dawn of Humans at Ding Dong Lounge. I get hit in the head with a mic stand and swinging chains, twice.
- I had forgotten how nice a nighttime ride through Central Park can be, but apparently it is against the law since the park closes at night, as was threateningly imparted by the cops with their spotlight in my eyes.
• Chain And The Gang - Deathbed Confession
A band's place at last.
Posted by Tod Seelie at 10:50 PM