(photos from New Years in New Orleans)
New Orleans for New Years (and then some):
- Fried chicken necks, 6 for $.99.
- Seeing photos from the gay clown orgy that happened the night before I arrived.
- My friend's ingenious sound system: an old tape player with a cassette adapter to play ipods/computers/diskmen through it.
- The previously posted Dirty Duece bike rodeo on New Year's Eve day.
- Among other things, going to see Quintron & Miss Pussycat on New Year's Eve at Mother-In-Law's (Ernie K-Doe's). This became notable due to a drunk or otherwise f*ed up obnoxious individual (seen above in the ugly red & green sweater) who was messing with my friends. I eventually put myself between her and them and kept taking photos. She proceeded to stand on the edge of the stage, knocking into the keyboards, laying on top of me, pouring beer on me, spitting on me, licking my head, screaming in my ear, and even giving me a few good knocks with her beer bottle. I just ignored her until she eventually tried to drag me out of the room several times. She later started another fight with one of my friends and had to be restrained, she chilled out after that. The thing that actually pissed me off about the whole thing was that Mr. Quintron and Miss Pussycat were right there laughing and enjoying the show. No mention of "relax everybody, we're all here to have a good time," or anything. Pretty lame, guys.
- Cops watching DVDs in their cruiser.
- Seeing some good bands at the Saturn Bar, including Wizzard Sleeve posted below.
- Getting trapped by a crazy torrential thunderstorm.
- Watching Mardi Gras Indians battle in a bar, both musically and physically (see video below).
- Going to the clothing-optional Country Club.
- Riding around all night in serious pea soup fog.
- The school/studios at Colton with the "fireworks" and massage chair installation.
- Walking back home after getting a flat tire in the lower 9th well after dark.
- Going to a Twelfth Night party in costume.
- Hanging out with half of Dark Dark Dark and Ellery at Termite & Vine before getting a lift to the airport by Brodie and Alexis in their veggie grease truck.
- Running into Greg at the airport when both our flights are delayed and hearing about the crazy tall bike scene in Jakarta.
Video of the Dirty Deuce bike rodeo by RobothouseTV:
Dirty Deuce NYE 08.
Video of Mardi Gras Indians battling:
Mardi Gras Indians battling in New Orleans.
Thanks to BJ for helping me locate this band. Double-Zs, who'd have guessed?
• Wizzard Sleeve - Pterodactyl Meltdown
A band's place in myspace.
Posted by Tod Seelie at 10:18 PM