BE NICE OR LEAVE
(photos from the New Years Eve bike rodeo, Dirty Deuce 2, in New Orleans, full gallery here)
Dirty Deuce 2, the second New Years Bike Rodeo in New Orleans:
- Consistent favorites like Foot Down, Chariot Races, Six-pack Attack.
- DJed by Dirtyfringer from NYC and local booty-banger Rusty Lazer.
- Newest event: the obstacle course that included crossing over the Staph Pool on a tiny plank. I don't know what exactly was in the Staph Pool, but it stank strongly of dead animal and raw sewage.
- Biggest difference between this bike rodeo and most others: the constant stream of fireworks going off, mostly into the crowd. One guys hair caught on fire, and another guy had a roman candle explode in his armpit, burning through a couple layers of clothing.
- Most seasonal activity: jumping the burning xmas tree.
- The whole thing eventually disintegrated into a giant dance party, before relocating to the Hi Ho Lounge for the after party.
Blood Ceremony: what if Black Sabbath had flutes?
Bands I got turned on to in New Orleans, but can't find their music available anywhere. All hints are appreciated.
- Wizard Sleeve (Alabama?)
- Guitar Lightning (New Orleans)
- Ibi Na Bo (Domino sound 023)
• Blood Ceremony - Return To Forever
A band's place in myspace.