FALL OFF CAUSE THERE'S NO REASON TO STAY ON
(Dark Meat and These Are Powers playing at SPACE Gallery in Portland, ME; installation monster by Dirtyfinger; they have these things called "stars" in Maine, and nice cottages too; Dirtyfinger and his arm pus-worm)
The list from my stay in Maine, so far:
- Getting to see These Are Powers and Dark Meat play on different nights in the gallery space where I was installing my show.
- Dumpstering the Odwalla factory = more delicious juice and decent snack bars than we can handle.
- Staying out at a lovely little cottage with an old barn that has a rooster mini mural by Mike Houston on a stack of oil drums.
- The opening of Constant Quarry at SPACE, it was well attended and I met a lot of very friendly local artists.
- Dirtyfinger's staph infection exploding. Watching him try to squeeze/dig out the hardened pus and blood and ooze, in between bouts of gagging. Video below (do not watch while eating anything, seriously).
DJ Dirtyfinger meets Mr. Staph Infection.
You've seen a lot of photos of them on this site. . . but ever wonder what Monotonix actually sounds like?
• Monotonix - Body Language
A band's place in myspace.